Monday, May 2, 2011

Welcome!

Welcome to A Blended Family Project! I have decided to write this blog because it seems as though my family and I are trying something that I haven't seen or heard about. Blending families is so new that even when I tried to research the information online the only thing I found was that it is nearly impossible to do and almost everyone ends up divorced again. Not thrilled with this advice, I'm hoping that by writing about our daily lives and the problems we face on a regular basis will help people to understand our lives a little better and help me to communicate with others out there just like me who might have better advice then to get a good lawyer.


I might as well start at the beginning....Brandon and I met each other at work, both of us in relationships at the time. I was married, he was dating someone, but neither of us were happy in our current situations. What started as a normal work relationship quickly evolved into a true friendship. It wasn't until I came to work one day and told him that I had left my husband a few weeks earlier, that I discovered he had done the same with his girlfriend. It would be too fairy tale like to say the stars aligned and we knew we were meant to be but with the realization that we both were going through the same thing made it very easy to connect with each other.

Fast forward almost two years later and here were are. Living together with our six kids. Yes, six! I have two, Hayden and Mason. He has four, Austin, Andrew, Aiden, and Chelsea. Needless to say our lives have changed drastically in the past two years. Mostly for the best, but there are a few hitches we have ran into along the way. Things that will surely make it into this blog.  Brandon and I are set to marry this July, and we are still working on getting this family on one page. Our problems don't only come from us. There are other parents, grandparents, and friends involved in making this family what it is. Some good and some bad, but that will have to be for another post....

No comments:

Post a Comment